ReachLocal Content Guidelines
These Content Guidelines set forth the terms under which ReachLocal ("ReachLocal" or "we") may disseminate content for you (the "Content Creation Services"). These Content Guidelines are referred to in the Product Terms for ReachLocal's ReachSite + ReachEdge, ReachSEO, and ReachCast solutions. In connection with the Content Creation Services, ReachLocal will create or have third-parties create content for your website, blog or profile pages with a view towards enhancing your online profile and your brand (the "Content"). These Content Guidelines have been established to facilitate and streamline the creation and dissemination of Content and explain when we may disseminate Content without obtaining further approval from you and when prior approval will be required.
BY PURCHASING AN APPLICABLE REACHLOCAL PRODUCT AND AGREEING TO THE APPLICABLE PRODUCT TERMS, YOU ARE LIKEWISE AGREEING TO THE CONTENT GUIDELINES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE CONTENT GUIDELINES, THEN YOU MAY NOT USE THE CONTENT CREATION SERVICES.
Modes of Content Dissemination. Subject to the Content Guidelines and applicable Product Terms, ReachLocal may disseminate the Content on:
- Facebook®, Twitter® and other social media sites, including in response to "likes" and other mentions
- your website
- blog entries
- your Cast page
- responses to posted comments on your Cast page, or elsewhere.
Content Dissemination Not Requiring Your Prior Approval. ReachLocal may disseminate the following Content without your prior approval:
- any content that is taken from, based on or derived from content that you have published on your website or Cast page, or any other site that you may have, or is otherwise provided to us by you (the "Client Content")
- content that is generic in nature about your business or industry
- third-party content relevant to you, with proper attribution, such as reviews where permitted
Content Dissemination Requiring Your Prior Approval. ReachLocal will not disseminate the following types of content without your written approval, which may be given via email:
- content that includes special promotions, discounts, specials, sales and related offers
- content that references a competitor or competing product
- content containing professional designations, unless such professional designations are included in the Client Content. For instance, we will not say that Doe & Doe Law Firm is certified in immigration law, nor will we say that Dr. Jane Doe is a certified cardiac specialist
- content purporting to establish any legal rights or payment obligations on your behalf
Prohibited Content. ReachLocal will not knowingly disseminate content which:
- Is illegal, abusive, harassing, pornographic, indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, racist, or otherwise objectionable.
- Purports to provide any kind of professional advice, such as medical or legal advice.
- Content Scheduling. ReachLocal will make commercially reasonable efforts to publish Content according to a mutually agreed upon schedule. ReachLocal is not, however, responsible for delays in publishing content, nor are we responsible for unscheduled requests for content dissemination.
- Changes to these Content Guidelines. From time to time, we may change these Content Guidelines. If we change these Content Guidelines, we will inform you by posting the revised Content Guidelines. Those changes will go into effect on the Revision Date shown in the revised Content Guidelines. By continuing to use the Content Services, you agree to be bound by the revised Content Guidelines.