Tracking Service Product Terms
IMPORTANT: THESE PRODUCT TERMS PERTAINING TO TRACKING SERVICES, INCLUDING TOTALTRACK®, (THE "TRACKING TERMS") ARE REFERRED TO IN THE REACHLOCAL, INC. ("REACHLOCAL" OR "WE") ONLINE MARKETING SERVICES TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE "MARKETING SERVICES TERMS") AND ARE INCORPORATED THEREIN. PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY.
YOUR EXECUTION OF AN ORDER FORM FOR MARKETING SERVICES CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TRACKING TERMS.
IN THE EVENT OF A CONFLICT BETWEEN THESE TRACKING TERMS AND THE MARKETING SERVICES TERMS AND/OR ORDER FORM, THESE TRACKING TERMS SHALL CONTROL.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES TO THESE TRACKING TERMS AT ANY TIME. WE SHALL PROVIDE NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES IN THESE TERMS BY UPDATING THE LAST MODIFIED DATE SET FORTH ABOVE. ALL SUCH CHANGES SHALL BE BINDING UPON YOU ONCE POSTED, UNLESS SUCH CHANGES ARE MATERIAL IN WHICH CASE WE WILL NOTIFY YOU VIA THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU HAVE PROVIDED US.
It is your obligation to ensure that your privacy policies permit the actions taken by ReachLocal as described below and in our Notice of Marketing Practices, so please review carefully.
- Destination Page refers to the Web page to which the consumer will be directed to as part of the campaign, such as your Existing Site or another Web page created by ReachLocal such as an offer page or a ReachCast site, or a third-party directory.
- Proxy Site refers to a proxied version of the Existing Site.
- ReachCode refers to software code that ReachLocal may provide to you to implement on your Existing Site that will help you measure the return on investment (ROI) of your ReachLocal campaigns by showing the activity that takes places on your Existing Site as the result of the Marketing Services, as more fully set forth in Section 5 below.
Terms not defined herein shall have the meaning set forth in the Marketing Services Terms.
Tracking Services The “Tracking Services” described below are designed to enable you to assess the performance of your marketing campaign(s). TotalTrack® will include the specific Tracking Services set forth on your Order Form.
- Phone Tracking. ReachLocal phone tracking tracks the phone calls you receive by providing one or more tracking phone numbers that are dynamically displayed on the Destination Page in lieu of your phone number(s) and that forward to your phone number(s). You do not own, and will not obtain, as the result of this Agreement, any ownership interest in the tracking numbers.
- eMail and Form Tracking. ReachLocal email tracking tracks emails sent to you through the Proxy Site or, if you are using ReachCode, the Existing Site, by dynamically substituting your e-mail address(es) on the Destination Page with online e-mail forms. Forms submitted on the Existing Site can also be logged using ReachCode. Tracking emails and forms are routed through ReachLocal's servers and forwarded to email addresses you provide. For purposes of quality assurance and campaign assessment, ReachLocal may access and review tracking emails and form submissions. ReachLocal will use commercially reasonable efforts to deliver all tracking emails and form submissions but cannot guarantee that 100% of the tracking emails or form submissions will be delivered to you.
- Other Tracking. The Tracking Services also may include tracking of specific events on your site, such as visits to a specific landing page or a contact us page, and the visitors to your site, including the visitor’s browser type (such as Google Chrome or Internet Explorer), IP address or date and time of the visit. We may also utilize cookies, pixels or similar technologies, from us and the third-party publishers we use to deliver the Services, in order to help us link data from multiple advertising platforms and purchase ads in more than one place. For more information, please see our Notice of Marketing Practices.
Tracking Services Data Retention. You acknowledge that ReachLocal is not obligated to keep and maintain any data obtained as the result of the Tracking Services for more than 30 days after the collection of any such data (including Call Recordings (as defined below), tracking emails, and form submission data).
ReachLocal Proxy Technology.
The Proxy Site. IIn order to implement the Tracking Services, you hereby permit ReachLocal to deploy a Proxy Site. In connection with the implementation of the Proxy Site, ReachLocal will do some or all of the following:
- Deploy software code on the Proxy Site to track the pages that users access as a result of your campaign. ReachLocal or its Publishers may place cookies or similar online tools on the Proxy Site to (i) effect the foregoing Tracking Services and to ensure the proper operation of the Proxy Site, (ii) provide for advertising content ("Ad") tracking (to enable ReachLocal to determine the effectiveness of the Marketing Services, when applicable), and (iii) enable ReachLocal or its Publishers to show a consumer your Ads as the consumer navigates to third-party websites. You acknowledge that such cookies may be used for the benefits of both you and for third parties.
- On the Proxy Site, insert or otherwise display a link in appropriate places on the Proxy Site, advising consumers of certain privacy and cookie matters that may be relevant to the Proxy Site. While ReachLocal will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the display of the link does not obscure the Proxy Site, you acknowledge and agree that obscuring of a small portion of the site may be unavoidable. Your Existing Site must comply with the ReachLocal Marketing Practices.
- In connection with ReachSearch campaigns, implement Keyword highlighting, which would highlight, on the Proxy Site, the search terms used by the consumer to locate the site.
- Make other minimal aesthetic or functional changes to the Proxy Site so as to enhance the performance of the campaign.
- Make all of the foregoing changes or enhancements to the Mobile Landing Page (as defined in the Media Products Terms).
- Proxy URL; Disclaimer. In order for ReachLocal to implement the Tracking Services, the URL for the Proxy Site (the "Proxy URL") will be different than the URL for the Existing Site. Some ad types will display your Existing Site URL, while others will only display the Proxy URL. Unless the Proxy URL is an alternative URL that you have provided, the Proxy URL shall be the property of ReachLocal and it shall be disabled upon termination. In the event the Proxy URL includes one of your trademarks, you grant ReachLocal the license provided for in Section 7a of the Marketing Services Terms, but you retain title to and ownership of such trademark. You acknowledge that, because the functionality and appearance of the Proxy Site will be substantially similar to the Existing Site (except with respect to the changes contemplated by these Tracking Terms), ReachLocal disclaims any liability arising from the design, content or functionality of the Proxy Site.
- The Proxy Site. IIn order to implement the Tracking Services, you hereby permit ReachLocal to deploy a Proxy Site. In connection with the implementation of the Proxy Site, ReachLocal will do some or all of the following:
ReachCode. The Tracking Services may also be implemented on your Existing Site using ReachLocal’s proprietary ReachCode, either in conjunction with or instead of a Proxy Site. In addition, if you are licensing ReachEdge, either as party of ReachSite + ReachEdge, or independently, the Tracking Services will utilize ReachCode.
Function of ReachCode. ReachCode:
- Tracks visits, web events, form and email submissions, and other relevant data for your website.
- Replaces phone numbers on your website with tracking numbers (tracks phone calls) based on organic referrer source (e.g. organic Google search, etc.) or ReachLocal campaign information.
- Matches your website visitors to views of ReachSearch, ReachDisplay, ReachRetargeting and ReachSocial Ads (when possible).
- Allows your website visitors to opt-out of the tracking described above.
- License to ReachCode. Subject to the terms and conditions of the Marketing Services, for so long as you are purchasing Marketing Services, ReachLocal hereby grants you a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable limited license (without the right to sublicense) to use ReachCode in accordance with these Tracking Terms and such other documentation that the ReachLocal may promulgate from time to time.
- Restrictions on Grant. Except as otherwise specifically permitted in these Tracking Terms, you may not: (i) modify or create any derivative works of ReachCode or any of the related documentation, including translation or localization (code written to published APIs (application programming interfaces) for ReachCode shall not be deemed derivative works); (ii) copy ReachCode except as provided in these Tracking Terms or elsewhere by ReachLocal; (iii) separate ReachCode, which is licensed as a single product, into its component parts; (iv) sublicense or permit simultaneous use of ReachCode by more than one user; (v) reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for ReachCode (except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction); (vi) redistribute, encumber, sell, rent, lease, sublicense, use ReachCode in a timesharing or service bureau arrangement, or otherwise transfer any rights to ReachCode; (vii) publish or share with a third party any results of benchmark tests run on ReachCode without ReachLocal’s prior written consent; or (viii) use ReachCode on any website that is not part of a ReachLocal campaign.
- Ownership and Copyright of ReachCode. Title to ReachCode and all copies thereof remain property of ReachLocal and/or its suppliers. ReachCode is copyrighted and is protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty provisions. You may not remove copyright notices from ReachCode. You agree to prevent any unauthorized copying of Reach Code. Except as expressly provided herein, ReachLocal does not grant any express or implied right to you under ReachLocal patents, copyrights, trademarks, or trade secret information.
- REACHCODE IS LICENSED “AS IS”, AND REACHLOCAL DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALLWARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TO THE EXTENT AUTHORIZED BY LAW. WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, REACHLOCAL EXPRESSLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT REACHCODE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT OPERATION OF REACHCODE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
- Function of ReachCode. ReachCode:
Notice of Changes to Existing Site. You hereby acknowledge that changes to the Existing Site (including any tracked phone numbers or email addresses) may result in the failure of the Tracking Services. Therefore, to avoid disrupting the Tracking Services, you must provide ReachLocal with at least 10 business days' prior written notice of any changes to the Existing Site (including any URL changes). ReachLocal will not be responsible for any failure of the Tracking Services resulting from your failure to provide timely notice of changes to the Existing Site and any such failure will not excuse your obligations to pay all amounts owed under any applicable Order Form.
Tracking Services Disclaimer. ReachLocal does not guarantee that the Tracking Services will track every instance of activity that is intended to be tracked. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Tracking Services may not fully function in the following circumstances, among others:
- If the Existing Site significantly uses Flash or embedded images;
- When you have used the incorrect tracking URL.
Special Terms for Phone Tracking.
- Provisioning Tracking Numbers. You acknowledge that, for local phone numbers, ReachLocal will first try to provision a local tracking phone number and then a number in the same area code, but, in the event such tracking numbers are not available, you hereby give ReachLocal permission to provision a toll-free tracking number instead.
- Your Options. At your option, as reflected on the Order Form, Phone Tracking may include the following features (collectively the “Call Tracking Features”): Call Recording (where a recording is made of inbound phone calls attributable to a campaign) and Caller ID (where the phone number of the caller is used to look-up their name and address). By electing the Call Tracking Features, you represent, warrant and covenant that you have and will maintain all necessary rights to implement such tracking features. You acknowledge that ReachLocal disclaims any and all liability that may arise as the result of the implementation of any of the Call Tracking Features.
- Call Recording Specifics. In connection with Call Recording, you understand that an initial recording will be played to consumers at the outset of calls, which will, among other things, notify the consumer that the call is being recorded. In addition, you must advise all of your employees that their calls may be recorded and ensure that such recordings and notifications comply with all laws, regulations and practices relevant and/or applicable to you or your business. You understand and agree that any attempts to disrupt or prevent the playing of the recording or its failure to advise its employees of the recording may expose you to substantial liability.
- Call Review. For purposes of quality assurance, campaign assessment and all other lawful purposes, ReachLocal may, but is not obligated to, access and review all Call Recordings.
- Call Blocking. ReachLocal may, in its sole discretion, choose to block third-party phone numbers from being able to call the tracking phone numbers.
- TotalTrack Campaign Cycles. For TotalTrack, the Campaign Cycle is each 30-day period in which the services are provided during the Campaign Period, unless earlier terminated by the parties as provided in the Marketing Services Terms.
HIPAA Considerations.To the extent that (i) you are covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA") as codified at 45 C.F.R. parts 160 and 164 ("HIPM Regulations") and (ii) you elect the Tracking Services, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- You acknowledge that any PHI or ePHI (as defined below) collected hereunder is being done so at your express request. Protected Health Information ("PHI") and Electronic Protected Health Information ("ePHI"), respectively, as defined in 45 C.F.R. §160.103, are for the purposes of this Agreement limited to the information ReachLocal (or its third-party service providers) received from or created or received on your behalf in connection with the Marketing Services provided by ReachLocal.
- You hereby expressly authorize ReachLocal and third-party call service providers to collect the PHI and ePHI as necessary and proper to effect the call recording services contemplated hereby and by the Marketing Services Terms.
- You represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights to collect such information and you will use any such information collected only in strict compliance with all applicable legal requirements. You shall promptly notify ReachLocal in writing if your rights to collect such information are impaired.
- You shall immediately notify ReachLocal in writing if you receive a complaint from a consumer, governmental agency or quasi-governmental agency for matters arising out of or relating to these Tracking Terms.
COPPA Considerations. We do not knowingly collect information that personally identifies any child under 13 years of age. If we are informed or become aware that our Services are being used on a site or app directed at children, we will restrict the use of our Services to uses permitted under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act or terminate your use of the Services.
Effect of Termination. Upon termination of your campaign(s), ReachLocal's obligation to provide the Tracking Services shall immediately terminate together with its obligations to forward calls to the tracking phone numbers, tracking emails, or form submission data.