ReachSite + ReachEdge Product Terms
Last Modified: June 2, 2015
IMPORTANT: THESE ARE THE PRODUCT TERMS (THESE "REACHSITE + REACHEDGE TERMS") PERTAINING TO REACHLOCAL, INC.'S ("REACHLOCAL" OR "WE") CUSTOMIZED WEBSITES, REACHSITE, PLUS LEAD CONVERSION SOFTWARE, REACHEDGE. THESE PRODUCT TERMS ARE REFERRED TO IN THE REACHLOCAL ONLINE MARKETING SERVICES TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE "MARKETING SERVICES TERMS") AND ARE INCORPORATED THEREIN.
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY. YOUR EXECUTION OR APPROVAL OF AN ORDER FORM FOR MARKETING SERVICES WHICH INCLUDES REACHSITE CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE REACHSITE + REACHEDGE TERMS.
IN THE EVENT OF A CONFLICT BETWEEN THESE REACHSITE + REACHEDGE TERMS AND THE MARKETING TERMS AND/OR ORDER FORM, THESE REACHSITE + REACHEDGE TERMS SHALL CONTROL.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES TO THESE PRODUCT TERMS AT ANY TIME. WE SHALL PROVIDE NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES IN THESE TERMS BY UPDATING THE LAST MODIFIED DATE SET FORTH ABOVE. ALL SUCH CHANGES SHALL BE BINDING UPON YOU ONCE POSTED, UNLESS SUCH CHANGES ARE MATERIAL IN WHICH CASE SUCH CHANGES SHALL NOT TAKE EFFECT UNTIL THE NEXT TIME YOU SIGN AN ORDER FORM WHICH INCLUDES REACHSITE + REACHEDGE.
Terms not defined herein shall have the meaning set forth in the Marketing Services Terms.
Features. ReachSite is a customized website that works in conjunction with ReachEdge. You will be able to choose from a range of designs for your website, which will include:
- a website using responsive design to automatically optimize your site for mobile devices
- 10 to 15 pages, as needed
- 6 to 10 pages of original, web-optimized copy, as needed
- licensed graphic content, as needed
- 1 hour per month of website services such as website information updates, posting new Client Content or even switching to a different website theme to refresh your website's look and feel (if you request services beyond your included monthly service time, you will be quoted an additional fee at our then prevailing hourly rate)
- native incorporation of ReachLocal's Tracking Services
- website hosting
- set-up or revision of your Local Profile (as described below)
- access to ReachLocal's website content management system, which allows you to upload content and make certain adjustments and revisions to your website
ReachEdge's lead conversion software, mobile app and enhanced Tracking Services will allow you to get the most out of your ReachSite. Please see the ReachEdge Product Terms for information on the terms governing ReachEdge.
- Set-Up. Immediately upon sign-up for ReachSite + ReachEdge, we will begin writing custom content for your website based on your business, products/services and goals for the website (the "Custom Content"), and designing your website based on the theme you select. We will schedule a consultation with one of our service professionals to take place within one to two weeks to review the completed website. We will also send you multiple communications regarding the creation and set-up of your website, including a link to your completed website for review, and we ask that you provide any feedback or revisions within the requested timeframes. However, if you are unable to review the materials or the completed website within the requested timeframes, we will launch your website so you can enjoy its benefits immediately, and any revisions can be made later after your review.
- Registration Information. During the set-up process, you will provide ReachLocal with various information required to create your website. You acknowledge and agree to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about your business and agree to promptly update the information if any of it changes. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, outdated, or incomplete, or if ReachLocal has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, outdated, or incomplete, ReachLocal may suspend your website and/or ReachLocal may terminate its obligations hereunder.
- Domains. If requested, ReachLocal will provide an internet domain name for your website, subject to availability. If your website uses a domain you provide, you will be solely responsible for maintaining your internet domain name, including all renewals and paying all applicable registration and maintenance fees. In addition, you represent and warrant that you own all rights to such domain name or, alternatively, that you have the right to use the domain name in connection with your website.
- ReachLocal Properties and Third-Party Directories. ReachLocal may create and post online, in the ReachLocal Properties or the directories of third parties, profile page(s) for you, which may include the following information: your name, phone number, email address, physical address, photos, videos, and information regarding your products or services and your business (the "Local Profile"). You acknowledge that because of the nature of the Internet, your Local Profile may remain on the ReachLocal Properties or third-party sites even after ReachLocal is no longer providing Marketing Services to you. Such Local Profiles may also utilize the Tracking Services.
- ReachLocal Attribution. ReachLocal may include its name and/or logo, along with a hyperlink to a ReachLocal website, on one or more of your website pages.
ReachSEO. ReachSEO is an optional service designed to increase your organic search visibility, brand footprint and reputation, leading to increased customer leads and targeted conversions. ReachSEO comes in two packages: Core and Pro.
ReachSEO Features. ReachSEO includes:
- Up to 3 new or enhanced content pages for your ReachSite website (or up to 5 new or enhanced content pages with ReachSEO Pro)
- Ongoing new content in the forms of blog posts, infographics and social media posts
- Incorporation of social media and local elements into your website
- Creation and/or optimization of local business and social media pages and profiles
- Ongoing monitoring and notifications of new engagement (i.e. reviews) and in some cases publication and syndication of positive information intended to promote the business/brand.
ReachLocal cannot and does not guarantee specific placement for any specific keywords or key phrases, nor the effect of the ReachSEO services on search engine placement generally.
- ReachSEO Content. You will have the opportunity to review new website content before it goes live, but if you do not provide feedback within the requested timeframe, we will publish the website content as described by the email delivering it to you. Other new content such as blog posts, infographics and social media posts will be prepared and published in accordance with our Content Guidelines and you hereby approve ReachLocal to disseminate such content, unless otherwise directed by you in writing.
Third-Party Sites. As a purchaser of ReachSEO, you will be asked to authorize ReachLocal to submit and manage Client Content (described below) as well as promote your Client Content on or through third-party websites and services, such as search sites, social networks, and messaging services, such as Facebook, Twitter, and others ("Third-Party Sites"). If you have, for instance, a Yelp listing, you will be asked to authorize ReachLocal to access and manage that listing (so that ReachLocal may validate, enhance and monitor the listing) or if you do not have a Google+ Local listing, you will be asked to authorize ReachLocal to create one for you.
- Management. By authorizing ReachLocal to establish relationships on your behalf with Third-Party Sites, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions applicable to such Third-Party Sites.
- Promotion. ReachLocal may use your social media accounts on your behalf to reach out directly to other social media page owners in order to promote the Client Content. Examples of such promotion include, without limitation: likes, +1s, shares, retweets, favorites, follows, subscribes, direct messages, comments, or posting status, links or photos.
- Removal. Because of the interconnected nature of Third-Party Sites with other Web sites and services, Client Content posted to Third-Party Sites may be difficult to remove. For example, Client Content that is removed from a Third-Party Site may persist on other websites (including end-user webpages) or may be cached in search engine indexes. Accordingly, although ReachLocal will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove Client Content from Third-Party Sites when directed by you to do so through the ReachSEO services, ReachLocal cannot guarantee that Client Content will be completely removed from the Third-Party Sites or other websites or services.
- ReachSEO Features. ReachSEO includes:
Description of Fees. You agree to pay the following, in the amounts set forth on the Order Form:
- Cycle Payment refers to the per-cycle fee for ReachSite + ReachEdge. Each "Cycle" of ReachSite + ReachEdge (and ReachSEO) consists of 30 days, unlike our Media Products whose Cycles may vary. Your initial Cycle will begin upon ReachLocal's acceptance of your Order Form and prior to your website going live.
- Set-Up Fees refers to one-time fees for the set-up of ReachSite + ReachEdge websites that require the migration of a significant amount of content. Any applicable ReachSite + ReachEdge Set-Up Fees will be set forth on your Order Form, which will also indicate the maximum number of website pages included.
- Other Fees refers to any other fees for additional services that you request, such as for providing additional content or providing an SSL certificate.
- Timing of Payment. Prior to your initial set-up consultation, you will pay the Cycle Payment for the initial Cycle, and any Set-Up Fee or Other Fees, if applicable. You shall also remit the Cycle Payment in advance of the beginning of each subsequent Cycle. You understand and acknowledge that all amounts owed must be paid in advance of each Cycle and that, in addition to being in breach of your contractual obligations, your ReachSite website and/or ReachEdge software may become inaccessible if timely payment is not made.
- Manner of Payment. ReachSite + ReachEdge Cycle Payments may only be paid by credit card.
- Description of Fees. You agree to pay the following, in the amounts set forth on the Order Form:
- Term/Termination. Your ReachSite + ReachEdge subscription will begin upon ReachLocal's acceptance of your Order Form and payment of your first Cycle Payment, and shall continue until cancelled in accordance with the Marketing Service Terms. ReachSEO subscriptions are for a minimum term of 6 Cycles and automatically renew for additional 6-Cycle terms unless cancelled in accordance with the Marketing Service Terms. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you subscribe to ReachSEO and cancel your ReachSite + ReachEdge subscription prior to completion of your ReachSEO campaign, your ReachSEO campaign shall be considered cancelled and Cancellation Fees will apply.
- ReachLocal Acceptable Use Policy. In order to foster a positive and safe community experience, your use of ReachSite + ReachEdge must comply with the ReachLocal Acceptable Use Policy. Failure to do so may result in the suspension of your account, ReachSite and/or ReachEdge and, in some cases, termination.
- you will not trade, rent or sell users' personal information;
- you will not share users' personal information with third-parties for marketing and promotional purposes;
- you will allow users to opt-out of receiving marketing and promotional communications from you by email, phone and/or automated unsubscribe technology;
- upon request, you will provide users information regarding what data you have about them, change/correct data about them, and/or delete data about them;
- you will not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children under the age of 13; and
- you will take reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect users' personal information.
- Access to Information. You understand and acknowledge that ReachLocal may, for purposes of quality assurance and campaign assessment, access the information that you store in, and messages that you send using, ReachSite + ReachEdge. It is your obligation to advise ReachLocal if you want such access to be limited and to determine whether your use of ReachSite + ReachEdge is in compliance with any privacy practices to which your business may be subject (such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and other similar laws).
- Disclosure of Information. In addition, you understand and acknowledge that we may disclose such of your information, including your contact and account information, to courts, law enforcement authorities and/or other relevant third parties, when such disclosure is necessary or advisable, at our sole discretion, to conduct an investigation, respond to a third party or law enforcement subpoena or court order, bring legal action or pursue other relief when you or a third party are or may be: (i) violating our terms and conditions of use; (ii) causing injury or other harm to, or otherwise violating our property or other legal rights, or those of other users or third parties; or (iii) violating federal, state, local, or other applicable law.
- Legal Requirements. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for providing any disclaimers, notices or other content that you may be required to include on your website due to legal, licensing or other requirements specific to your profession, business, location or any other requirements. Similarly, if you are prohibited from making certain statements on your website due to legal, licensing or other requirements, it is your sole responsibility to inform ReachLocal of such limitations and confirm your website is compliance in connection with each required approval. For example, if you are a lawyer and your provincial bar rules require you to include certain disclaimers on advertising materials, it is your responsibility to provide such disclaimers.
- ReachSite License. Subject to this Agreement, ReachLocal hereby grants you a limited, revocable, non-transferable and non-exclusive license to your ReachSite. This license does not permit you, and you agree not to: store, copy, reproduce, republish, modify, upload, post, translate, scrape, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, transfer, transmit, display, decompile, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to discover any programming code or any source code used in or with the ReachLocal Materials (as defined below), or otherwise distribute in any way the ReachLocal Materials other than as specifically permitted in these Product Terms. You may not sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise attempt to transfer any right in the ReachLocal Materials, create derivative works based on or in any manner commercially exploit the ReachLocal Materials, in whole or in part, other than as expressly permitted in these Product Terms. Upon the cancellation of your ReachSite + ReachEdge service, ReachLocal shall immediately make your ReachSite website inaccessible (subject to the transition assistance described below) and you will no longer have any rights to your ReachSite. ReachEdge or the ReachLocal Materials (defined below), except that you will have a perpetual nonexclusive license to use and publicly display the Custom Content in conjunction with advertising and promotional projects, entertainment applications, or prints, posters or other promotional purposes, but not for resale, license or other distribution. ReachLocal reserves all rights not expressly granted in this Agreement.
- Platform License. Upon execution of an Order Form and for so long as an Order Form is in effect that includes ReachSite + ReachEdge and your account is in good standing, you will be granted a revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive, limited license to access ReachLocal's ReachSite content management system that allows you to upload content and make limited adjustments and revisions to your website. Without limiting any other disclaimers contained in the Agreement, ReachLocal will in no way be responsible for any errors, defects or downtime caused by your use of the content management system. Your access shall be password protected and you agree that you may not share your password with third parties or otherwise provide access to the content management system to third parties. If the security of your username(s) or password(s) is compromised in any way, or if you or one of your agents suspects that it may be, you shall immediately contact ReachLocal. ReachLocal is not responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the compromise of any password. You acknowledge and agree that you do not have, nor will you claim any right, title or interest in the content management system, software, data, applications, methods of doing business or any elements thereof, or any content provided therein (including any templates provided). You may only access the content management system via a Web browser, a mobile application or in a manner otherwise approved by ReachLocal. You will not attempt in any way to reverse engineer, alter, modify, eliminate, conceal, or otherwise render inoperable or ineffective the content management system. ReachLocal may terminate the foregoing license, at any time and for any reason.
- Ownership. Other than any Client Content (as described below), (i) all material and services comprising ReachSite + ReachEdge or ReachSEO, including, but not limited to, the design of and "look and feel," layout, email templates, photographs, graphics, images, text, audio, video, messages, interactive and instant messaging, design and functions, software, software documentation, files, documents, or other materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted as well as all derivative works thereof (collectively, the "ReachLocal Materials"), and (ii) all of ReachLocal's trademarks, logos, and brand elements ("ReachLocal Marks"), are owned by ReachLocal or other parties that have licensed their material or provided services to ReachLocal, and are protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret and other intellectual property laws. You will not (and will not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, or sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in, or otherwise transfer any right in any ReachLocal Materials or ReachLocal Marks.
- Infringing Content. ReachLocal will promptly notify you if the use of any ReachLocal Materials infringes or could infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. In such event, ReachLocal will remove such ReachLocal Materials from your website and will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide replacement content. You agree not to use any such ReachLocal Materials after notice of such infringement or potential infringement.
Your Content and Data.
- Content. As between you and ReachLocal, you own all of the content, including any text, images, logos, trademarks, service marks, promotional materials, product or service information, comments, reviews, photos, audio and video clips and other information, that you provide to ReachLocal for inclusion in your website or that you directly (or indirectly via website visitors) add, post or share via your ReachSite (referred to as "Client Content"). You hereby grant ReachLocal and its affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, license to use, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise exploit your Client Content in connection with your ReachLocal website. ReachLocal may use your Client Content to the extent it is (or has been) accessible on your website to advertise and promote ReachSite + ReachEdge, and may list and otherwise refer to you and your business as users of the ReachSite + ReachEdge service. ReachLocal's license to your Client Content is non-exclusive, meaning you may use your Client Content for your own purposes or let others use your Client Content for their purposes. ReachLocal's license to your Client Content is fully-paid and royalty free, meaning ReachLocal does not owe you or any third party anything else in connection with ReachLocal's use of the Client Content. ReachLocal may exercise its rights anywhere in the world.
Representations. You are legally responsible for your Client Content and ReachLocal is in no way responsible for it. You represent and warrant that:
- you own all rights to Client Content or, alternatively, you have the unrestricted right to give ReachLocal the rights described above, including the right to display the Client Content on your website;
- you have paid and will pay in full any fees or other payments that may be related to the use of the Client Content; and
- the Client Content does not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, moral rights or other legal rights of any third party.
- Other. ReachLocal may, but has no obligation to, monitor the Client Content or Customer Data on your website or stored in the ReachSite content management system. We may disclose any information necessary or appropriate to satisfy our legal obligations, protect ReachLocal or its customers, or operate the Marketing Services properly. ReachLocal, in its sole discretion, may refuse to post, remove, or require you to remove, any Client Content or Customer Data, in whole or in part, alleged to be unacceptable, undesirable, inappropriate, or in violation of this Agreement. ReachLocal may, in its discretion, also require you to place all or any portion of the Client Content behind password protection. If ReachLocal has requested Client Content be placed or has placed Client Content behind password protection, you may not publish the password or similar information in any way that limits the effectiveness of the password. If ReachLocal requests that you place any Client Content behind password protection and you fail to do so promptly, ReachLocal may place such Client Content behind password protection itself, or immediately terminate this Agreement.
- Third-Party Sites. Depending on the services you purchase and your individual circumstances, you may give ReachLocal access, including by providing login and password information, to certain third-party accounts and services such as Google+, directories, and Google Analytics, to allow ReachLocal to use and or modify those sites on your behalf. When you give ReachLocal access to a third-party site, or request that ReachLocal establishes an account with a third-party site, you agree that you have read all contracts and written agreements governing such access, login information and passwords and that you have all the necessary contractual and legal rights to give ReachLocal such access, login information and passwords. In addition, you are authorizing ReachLocal to use the functionality of such third-party site on your behalf, in any manner ReachLocal sees fit. ReachLocal will take actions such as registering you with such third-party site, and managing and accessing your account and information (including listing and profile information) on such third-party site. Because of the interconnected nature of the internet, your information posted to third-party sites may be difficult to remove. For example, even if your information is removed from or updated on a third-party site, it may persist on other websites (including other websites) or may be cached in search engine indexes.
Transition Assistance. Unless your ReachSite + ReachEdge service is terminated because of your breach of this Agreement, upon termination of your ReachSite + ReachEdge service and for a period of 30 days thereafter (the "Transition Period"), ReachLocal will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide you transition assistance, including:
- transferring ownership of any domain that ReachLocal may have obtained on your behalf;
- working with you to enable you to have continued access to your presence on third-party sites (for example, by providing you with instructions on how to transfer the accounts; provided, ReachLocal will not provide or transfer to you any ReachLocal-hosted e-mail addresses or passwords);
- providing a disk or other method to transfer you the Custom Content; and
- providing such other assistance as ReachLocal may choose to provide in ReachLocal's sole discretion.
After the Transition Period, ReachLocal will have no further obligation to provide you assistance and ReachLocal shall have the right, but not the obligation, to delete all of your Client Content. You acknowledge and agree, however, that ReachLocal is under no obligation to remove any content that has been disseminated to third-party sites.
- Communications. In purchasing ReachSite + ReachEdge, you agree to receive communications from time to time from ReachLocal via email or text message. You may stop receiving these alerts by modifying your notification settings from within your account in the ReachSite content management system. You acknowledge and agree that we may send a response email or text message solely to confirm your change in settings.
- Comments and Feedback. Any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information provided by you to ReachLocal are not confidential and you hereby grant ReachLocal a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, display, perform, distribute, publish, modify, edit or otherwise use such information as we deem appropriate, for any and all commercial and/or non-commercial purposes, in our sole discretion.
- Indemnification. In addition to the indemnification obligations set forth in the Marketing Services Terms, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless ReachLocal and its third-party affiliates from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses, fees of any kind (including reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses), arising from or relating to: (i) any Client Content; (ii) the Custom Content (except relating to copyright infringement), provided that it has been approved by you; and (iii) violation of the terms and conditions of any third-party site by you or anyone using your account.
- Disclaimers. IN ADDITION TO THE DISCLAIMERS SET FORTH IN THE MARKETING SERVICES TERMS, REACHLOCAL (I) MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED TO YOU BY OR ON BEHALF OF REACHLOCAL (INCLUDING ANY REPORTING, ANALYTICS AND SIMILAR INFORMATION) OR ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH YOUR REACHSITE (INCLUDING ANY CONTENT SUBMITTED BY AN END-USER); AND (II) CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE SPECIFIC PLACEMENT FOR ANY SPECIFIC KEYWORDS OR KEY PHRASES, NOR THE EFFECT OF THE REACHSEO SERVICES ON SEARCH ENGINE PLACEMENT GENERALLY.