SEO Product Terms
IMPORTANT: THESE ARE THE PRODUCT TERMS (THESE "SEO TERMS") PERTAINING TO REACHLOCAL, INC.'S ("REACHLOCAL" OR "WE") SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION PRODUCT. THESE PRODUCT TERMS ARE REFERRED TO IN THE REACHLOCAL ONLINE MARKETING SERVICES TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE "MARKETING SERVICES TERMS") AND ARE INCORPORATED THEREIN.
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY. YOUR EXECUTION OR APPROVAL OF AN ORDER FORM FOR MARKETING SERVICES WHICH INCLUDES SEO CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE SEO TERMS.
IN THE EVENT OF A CONFLICT BETWEEN THESE SEO TERMS AND THE MARKETING TERMS AND/OR ORDER FORM, THESE SEO TERMS SHALL CONTROL.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES TO THESE PRODUCT TERMS AT ANY TIME. WE SHALL PROVIDE NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES IN THESE TERMS BY UPDATING THE LAST MODIFIED DATE SET FORTH ABOVE. ALL SUCH CHANGES SHALL BE BINDING UPON YOU ONCE POSTED, UNLESS SUCH CHANGES ARE MATERIAL IN WHICH CASE SUCH CHANGES SHALL NOT TAKE EFFECT UNTIL THE NEXT TIME YOU SIGN AN ORDER FORM WHICH INCLUDES SEO.
Terms not defined herein shall have the meaning set forth in the Marketing Services Terms.
Features. SEO is designed to increase your organic search visibility, brand footprint and reputation, leading to increased customer leads and targeted conversions. Standard SEO features include:
- Fully managed service provided by skilled support staff
- Keyword topic research (up to 5 keywords per topic)
- Strategy planning
- Monthly reviews and performance summary
- Quarterly reports
- Location page creation and optimization
- Website content creation and optimization (up to 6 pages every 6 months in line with topic focus and based on analyst recommendation)
- Onsite implementation
- Crawl error checks and fixes
- Citation development for inclusion in select directories based on vertical, products and services
- Google Analytics set-up and installation with goal tracking
- Search console set-up (Google Webmaster Tools)
- Additional tracking and reporting if Client Center with lead management is purchased
Optional additional services may be available and, if selected, are described on your Order Form. Optional additional services include:
Topic or Area Add-On
- Onsite optimization of new category or location
- Keyword topic research for page-specific content
- New keyword topic category integrated into reporting (total rank reporting for up to 50 keywords)
Social Media Add-On (Facebook and Twitter)
- Update logo, cover photo and background (if applicable) for branding
- Update business description or ‘bio’
- Update and/or add fields for accuracy (e.g. address, phone number, and web address)
- Connect syndication
- Add link to website
ReachLocal cannot and does not guarantee specific placement for any specific keywords or key phrases, nor the effect of the SEO services on search engine placement generally.
Access to Your Website. In order to perform the Services, you must provide ReachLocal with access to your website’s content management system and keep ReachLocal up to date if any changes to the credentials are made. ReachLocal will only use such access in connection with performing the Services. You will continue to be bound by the terms and conditions of your website platform provider, and will ensure that ReachLocal’s access does not violate any such terms or conditions.
SEO Content. You will have the opportunity to review new website content before it goes live, but if you do not provide feedback within the requested timeframe, we will publish the website content as described by the email delivering it to you. Other new content (for example blog content, if applicable) will be prepared and published in accordance with our Content Guidelines and you hereby approve ReachLocal to disseminate such content, unless otherwise directed by you in writing.
Third-Party Sites. In order to perform the Services, you may be asked to authorize ReachLocal to submit and manage your content as well as promote such content on or through third-party websites and services ("Third-Party Sites"). By authorizing ReachLocal to establish relationships on your behalf with Third-Party Sites, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions applicable to such Third-Party Sites. Because of the interconnected nature of Third-Party Sites with other Web sites and services, any of your content posted to Third-Party Sites may be difficult to remove. For example, content that is removed from a Third-Party Site may persist on other websites (including end-user webpages) or may be cached in search engine indexes. Accordingly, although ReachLocal will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove your content from Third-Party Sites when directed by you to do so through the SEO services, ReachLocal cannot guarantee that your content will be completely removed from the Third-Party Sites or other websites or services.
Description of Fees. You agree to pay the following, in the amounts set forth on the Order Form:
- Cycle Payment refers to the per-cycle fee for SEO and, if applicable, any additional SEO services you select. Each "Cycle" of SEO consists of 30 days, unlike our Media Products whose Cycles may vary. Your initial Cycle will begin upon ReachLocal's acceptance of your Order Form.
- Set-Up Fees refers to one-time fees for the set-up of SEO. Any applicable SEO Set-Up Fees will be set forth on your Order Form.
- Other Fees refers to any other fees for additional services that you request.
- Timing of Payment. Prior to your initial set-up consultation, you will pay the Cycle Payment for the initial Cycle, and any Set-Up Fee or Other Fees, if applicable. You shall also remit the Cycle Payment in advance of the beginning of each subsequent Cycle. You understand and acknowledge that all amounts owed must be paid in advance of each Cycle.
- Manner of Payment. SEO Cycle Payments may only be paid by credit card.
- Description of Fees. You agree to pay the following, in the amounts set forth on the Order Form:
Term/Termination. Your SEO subscription will begin upon ReachLocal's acceptance of your Order Form and payment of your first Cycle Payment, and shall continue until cancelled in accordance with the Marketing Service Terms. SEO subscriptions are for a minimum term of 6 Cycles and automatically renew for additional 6-Cycle terms unless cancelled in accordance with the Marketing Service Terms.
Legal Requirements. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for providing any disclaimers, notices or other content that you may be required to include on your website/content due to legal, licensing or other requirements specific to your profession, business, location or any other requirements. Similarly, if you are prohibited from making certain statements on your website due to legal, licensing or other requirements, it is your sole responsibility to inform ReachLocal of such limitations and confirm your website is compliance in connection with each required approval. For example, if you are a lawyer and your provincial bar rules require you to include certain disclaimers on advertising materials, it is your responsibility to provide such disclaimers.
Comments and Feedback. Any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information provided by you to ReachLocal are not confidential and you hereby grant ReachLocal a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, display, perform, distribute, publish, modify, edit or otherwise use such information as we deem appropriate, for any and all commercial and/or non-commercial purposes, in our sole discretion.
Indemnification. In addition to the indemnification obligations set forth in the Marketing Services Terms, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless ReachLocal and its third-party affiliates from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses, fees of any kind (including reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses), arising from or relating to any violation of the terms and conditions of any third-party site by you or anyone using your account.
Disclaimers. IN ADDITION TO THE DISCLAIMERS SET FORTH IN THE MARKETING SERVICES TERMS, REACHLOCAL (I) MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED TO YOU BY OR ON BEHALF OF REACHLOCAL (INCLUDING ANY REPORTING, ANALYTICS AND SIMILAR INFORMATION); AND (II) CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE SPECIFIC PLACEMENT FOR ANY SPECIFIC KEYWORDS OR KEY PHRASES, NOR THE EFFECT OF THE SEO SERVICES ON SEARCH ENGINE PLACEMENT GENERALLY.